As more and more homeowners explore renewable energy options, solar and geothermal energy solutions have become more accessible. While this is good news for the environment, it presents a challenge when you are trying to decide which solution is right for your home. While both options have many advantages, solar energy has significant benefits for residents of North Carolina.
If you are thinking about adding a renewable energy solution to your home, consider these solar advantages:
- Solar resource – With nearly 250 days of sunlight each year, North Carolina is an excellent geographical region for harnessing the power of the sun.
- Easy installation – Adding solar panels to a rooftop is much easier and less intrusive than installing a geothermal system. There is no need to dig up your yard or damage your landscaping. While this may not be a concern for a new home, switching to a geothermal system in an existing home can be both messy and costly.
- Easy maintenance – Solar panels are much easier to access than the components of a geothermal system. While the heat pump or air conditioner may be similar for both types of systems, if there is a problem with the power supply, it is much easier to repair and maintain a solar energy system.
- Modularity – Unlike a geothermal system, solar panels can be added on a modular basis. This means that your renewable energy supply can grow with your budget and your power requirements, making it a much more accessible option for many homeowners.
- Financial incentives – North Carolina offers several tax credits, rebates, loan programs and other financial incentives for going solar. These will not only help reduce your initial costs, but will also speed up the return on your investment. The available options depend where you live, so work with your local contractor.
Blanton’s Heating & A/C in Fayetteville can help you select and install a solar ready heating and cooling system for your home. These systems allow you to easily add solar modules at a pace that fits your budget. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.