The weather’s getting warmer, and the air conditioner in your Fayetteville home will soon be up and running for the summer. Before you turn on your A/C, it’s a good idea to schedule a tune-up to ensure that your system runs safely and efficiently. Air conditioner maintenance by a qualified HVAC technician will help to cut your energy costs and keep you comfortable all summer long. Your tune-up will include:
- Lubricating motors & moving parts to prevent friction.
- Testing the controls to ensure that the air conditioner starts, runs and shuts off properly.
- Measuring and fine-tuning the refrigerant charge.
- Flushing the condensate drain.
- Tightening the electrical connections.
- Checking the blower motor and fan belt for wear.
- Checking, adjusting and cleaning the thermostat.
- Testing the amperage and voltage of the motor.
- Checking the compressor contacts.
- Cleaning the inside evaporator & outdoor condenser coils.
There are several things you can do to make sure your air conditioner continues to cool your home optimally:
- Keep the outdoor unit clear of debris, including grass clippings and weeds.
- Keep your indoor unit accessible and the area around it clean.
- Check your air filter every month and change it when it’s dirty to promote optimum air flow and reduce pollutants in the air in your home.
- Make sure your supply registers are free of obstructions such as furniture. Never close off more than 20 percent of your registers in an attempt to save money, as this can impede the flow of air to your system and make it work harder to cool your home, resulting in higher energy bills and wear on the system.
For more expert advice about A/C maintenance or to schedule an appointment, contact the qualified professionals at Blanton’s Heating & A/C. We’ve served the Fayetteville area with the utmost in commitment and expertise since 1951.