A Programmable Thermostat: A Small Change Can Yield Sizable Savings
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to reduce the amount of energy your home consumes? If so, you need to consider adding a programmable thermostat to your heating and cooling equipment. Programmable thermostats allow you to set a specific schedule for your HVAC system. This gives you total control over your air-conditioner (and heater), and you will be able to produce optimum comfort levels in your home with a small investment.
There are a few different models that you can choose between when purchasing a programmable thermostat. They are:
- 7-day models: These options are excellent for homeowners who have schedules that change from day-to-day because you can set a different schedule for each day of the week.
- 5+2-day models: 5+2-day models are the best choice for homeowners who have schedules that stay the same during the week and have different schedules on the weekends.
- 5-1-1 models: These model are similar to the 5+2 day models, except that the 5-1-1 models allow you to have a different schedule for each day of the weekend.
Extra features for programmable thermostats:
- Remote control: Being able to control the settings of your heating and cooling equipment from any location that has internet access will give you peace of mind in knowing that your system is always working the way you want it to.
- Air filter alert: Air filters should be replaced on a regular basis. If they aren’t changed regularly, they can have a harmful effect on the system’s airflow as well as your indoor air quality. With an alert on your thermostat, you will always be ready to change your filters.
- Link to humidifier/dehumidifier: This option lets you manage the humidity levels in your home, which will improve the comfort levels in your living space.
With a programmable thermostat, you can heat/cool your home only when it’s absolutely necessary. And that alone will help you reduce the amount you pay on your utility bills significantly.
For more information on choosing the right programmable thermostat for your Fayetteville area home, contact the experts at Blanton’s Heating and A/C. We’ll be happy to help.