Electrical Panel Upgrades in Raleigh
Call Blanton’s Air, Plumbing, & Electric for a Consultation Today
Your electrical panel is like the brain behind your electrical system. It is at your panel that the energy from the public grid enters your home and where it is distributed across the many various circuits that lead to different devices throughout your home. For this reason, it’s important to have a panel that’s properly-wired, functional, and in good condition. A damaged or worn-out panel is not only inefficient, but possibly even dangerous as it may not shut off in the event of a dangerous situation. The average electrical panel has a useful lifespan of around 20 to 30 years, so if it’s time to replace your panel, make the call to Raleigh’s electrical panel upgrade specialists at Blanton’s Air, Plumbing, & Electric.
Here at Blanton’s, we service all types of electrical panels and offer upgrades and new panel installations. Every panel we install comes from a reputable manufacturer with a long history of building quality products with premium technology and materials. Our installation technicians are also of the highest quality—each has been thoroughly trained and educated in modern technology. Plus, each is carefully selected for their friendliness and knowledge in their trade, ensuring your home receives the best service available. This combination provides you with an experience that’s unmatched and an electrical panel solution that you won’t find anywhere else. This is just one example of the proud tradition of service we’ve built since opening our doors back in 1951.
Call Blanton’s Air, Plumbing, & Electric at (919) 298-2105 if you need your electrical panel upgraded, and let our team take care of this complex job for you.
Five Signs You Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade
Electrical panels are something that the average homeowner doesn’t think about all that often, and that means most people aren’t aware of the fact that they may need to have theirs replaced. Panels have very few moving parts, and yet they are integral to your home’s functionality and safety in so many ways. This is why we encourage every homeowner to keep an eye out for signs that it’s time to replace your panel and have the service completed as soon as possible.
You may need to replace your panel if any of the following are true:
- Your panel is more than 30 years old. If you still have your original electrical panel and your home is more than three decades old, or if an inspection of your panel reveals its manufacture date is more than 30 years ago, then you should consider replacing it soon to keep your electrical system safe and functional.
- You need at least one panel repair per year. Are circuit breakers constantly giving out? Are you frequently calling an electrician to come out and investigate yet another electrical issue? The problem may very well be with your panel itself. Replacing it may be the answer to all of the problems.
- Your panel has fuses instead of circuit breakers. Does your electrical panel still rely on fuses for safety? Circuit breakers are easier, safer, and used everywhere these days. If your panel is still behind the times on this trend, then you should have it replaced right away. If your panel does still rely on fuses, then it is probably well beyond the age of 30 anyway.
- You’re constantly in need of extension cords. Do you seem to not have enough outlets throughout your home to keep up with electrical needs? Your panel most likely was not designed for the electrical loads you’re putting through it. Continual use under these kinds of loads will eventually lead to a potentially catastrophic panel failure, and nobody wants to deal with that.
- You’re remodeling your home. If you’re buying new appliances, installing new lighting, or doing a major remodel or renovation on your home, then you should consider replacing your electrical panel while you’re at it. Start your refreshed home off right with an electrical panel that’s designed to support your modern electrical needs and provide you with room to expand for the future as well!
If you’re looking to replace your electrical panel, make sure you choose a trusted team to get the job done and provide your home with the best care available. Contact Blanton’s Air, Plumbing, & Electric and schedule a project consultation!