Trusted Air Conditioning Services in the Raleigh Area
North Carolina is known for its unbearable hot summers and unpleasant humidity. That’s why Raleigh homeowners rely on their air conditioners so much. The professionals at Blanton’s Air, Plumbing & Electric have the knowledge and experience to keep all air conditioning systems running at peak performance, including heat pumps and ductless mini-splits. When temperatures spike, we’ll make sure you’re cool and comfortable.
Emergency AC Repairs
When you have an AC emergency, you need it fixed quickly and reliably. Blanton’s Air customer service reps are available by phone 24/7 to schedule prompt service to address your emergency. Common AC emergencies we correct include:
- The system blows air that isn’t cold
- Strange sounds coming from the unit
- Foul smells coming from the unit
- Insufficient airflow
- The thermostat clicks, but the AC doesn’t turn on
Reliable Air Conditioner Installation & Replacement
With the harsh summers experienced in the Triangle area, most air conditioning systems can last 12 to 15 years, though, with regular professional maintenance, some can last as long as 20 years.
If your central air conditioner is over 10 years old, needs constant repairs, or requires a costly part, such as the compressor or blower motor, an AC replacement may be the most cost-effective option.
Preventative AC Maintenance
Professional AC system maintenance, performed at least once a year, can have several helpful benefits, like:
- Extended system life span
- Lower operating costs
- Fewer repairs
- Ability to anticipate needed repairs
- Better system performance
The pros at Blanton’s Air perform various preventive care tasks when maintaining your AC unit. A typical AC maintenance visit will include:
- Checking the electrical connections
- Checking the refrigerant levels
- Cleaning the blower fan and cabinet
- Measuring the current draw of the compressor and fan motors.
- Testing the start capacitor and relay
- Testing the thermostat and controls
- Verifying proper airflow
Benefits of Upgrading Your AC
It’s not always easy to decide to replace your air conditioning system. When you do, it helps to keep in mind that many benefits come with upgrading, including:
- A new system won’t have cold or hot spots interfering with your home’s full comfort potential
- Better efficiency means lower monthly utility bills
- Better energy efficiency will help your new system last longer
- Newer systems are better for the environment
- Newer systems run more quietly
Why Choose Blanton’s?
At Blanton’s Air, we believe you deserve comfort in your home. We work to ensure you have the most efficient and effective AC equipment. With our decades in business, we’ve developed relationships with leading industry manufacturers to provide you with the best AC systems. Depending on your budget and requirements, we’ll find the perfect system. Once we have, we’ll provide comprehensive maintenance to keep it in top shape for years.
Air Conditioning FAQs
What does SEER stand for?
SEER stands for seasonal energy efficiency ratio. This number represents the efficiency of your air conditioning system over a typical cooling season. Systems with a higher SEER use less energy and cost less to operate. At Blanton’s, we feature high-performance air conditioning equipment that ranges from 14 SEER to over 20 SEER.
Can I install an AC system myself?
A central air conditioner requires advanced skills and costly equipment to install correctly. Many local jurisdictions will only approve an AC installation if a licensed HVAC professional installs it.
Is a high-efficiency AC unit worth the investment?
Although a 20+ SEER air conditioner may cost more upfront to install, it can save you money every month on your energy bills for the system’s life. Ensure your air conditioner performs at its best with proper sizing and a professional installation from our team.