Programmable thermostats are the perfect choice for anyone who is away from home during certain blocks of time during the week or weekend. These units let you conserve energy when you are sleeping or out of the house by pre-setting the temperature in your home.
Here are some features to look for if you are thinking about installing a programmable thermostat.
- These thermostats are proven money- and energy-savers, and are more precise and convenient than manual units.
- Programmable thermostats come with different program options. Depending on your family’s schedule and how frequently you are away from home, one should work for you. Seven-day units let you program your heating and cooling specifications for morning, afternoon, and evening on every day of the week. The 5+2 models come with two programs, one for weekdays and another for both weekend days. And 5-1-1 programmable thermostats feature three programs, one for weekdays and one for each weekend day. Most models can store and repeat a minimum of six temperature settings for each day.
- These units feature a “vacation” mode that lets you set one temperature for your entire house while you are vacationing. Depending on the size of your home, you may need multiple thermostats.
- Programmable thermostats are equipped with remote access, which means the sensor and the thermostat’s control unit are separate. The temperature sensor for each room and zone still has to be within the area covered by the thermostat, but the controls do not.
Programmable thermostats also:
- Indicate when to change air filters and when a system malfunctions.
- Feature touch-pad screen and voice/telephone programming.
- Are good for the environment.
- Are mercury-free.
- Automatically switch from heating to air conditioning mode.
Blanton’s Heating & A/C is proud to serve the residents of North Carolina. We are always on call to answer your questions about programmable thermostats or to offer our expert advice regarding HVAC equipment. We can also assist you with installing and maintaining any of our products. Call us any time or visit our website for more information.