Breathe Easy with Blanton’s AirAdvice for Homes™
As fall arrives, it often brings pollens, drier air and increased indoor air pollution. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, exposure to cumulative home pollutants may cause serious health risks and ongoing symptoms like respiratory irritation, asthma, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. Seniors and people suffering from pre-existing health conditions are at even greater risk, so it’s important to evaluate the indoor air quality (IAQ) in your Fayetteville home.
To protect your health and safety, Blanton’s utilizes the AirAdvice for Homes™ program to assess and address IAQ problems. Designed to “make the invisible visible,” the system uncovers hidden indoor air quality and energy waste issues in your home. Here’s how it works.
- A technician places a HomeAdvance Air Monitor in your home for three to five days. The monitor automatically tracks and transmits air quality information via cell network or phone line, where it is received by our North Carolina air quality data center. The monitor tests your home for temperature, humidity, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, volatile organic compound (VOC), and dust/dander particulate levels.
- All data is evaluated and matched with the best possible solutions to improve your home’s environment.
- A Blanton’s NC HVAC technician returns to your home with a full report from HomeAdvice. We go through the facts and report findings, and provide proven ideas that help you breathe easier.
Depending upon your home’s indoor air concerns, we tailor solutions to your budget and health requirements. Recommended indoor air quality services may include:
- SOURCE CONTROL SERVICES: Taking necessary steps to decrease or eliminate the introduction of pollutants into your Fayetteville home.
- VENTILATION SERVICES: The Environmental Protection Agency recommends that homes (especially newer, well-sealed homes) utilize mechanical ventilation to allow for safe air exchange between the indoors and outdoors. This cannot be achieved by just opening windows, since weather conditions often prevent healthy air exchange. Blanton’s may suggest other ventilation options to improve your NC air quality.
- AIR PURIFICATION SERVICES: Once source control has been established, your air can be further improved with air purification options like filters, duct updates, and IAQ technologies. Your technician will work with you to determine which system is most cost effective and helpful.