Fall Is Just Around The Corner: Schedule Your Furnace Check Now
With summer nearing an end and fall rapidly approaching here in the Fayetteville area, it’s important that you make sure your home’s furnace is in good shape. Before the cold winter months arrive, have a professional service your heating system.
If your furnace happens to break down in the middle of the cold months, you’ll be left with inadequate comfort levels and huge bills for repair work. And since HVAC service professionals will be busier during this time period, it might take longer than normal to get them to check out your system.
Following are some key maintenance procedures that a professional will perform when checking out your furnace:
- Cleaning the Combustion Chamber. After much use, the furnace’s combustion chamber can build up an excessive amount of soot on its walls. This will cause the chamber to corrode. A professional can clean your combustion chamber and ensure that it stays in good condition.
- Flue Pipe Inspection. Flue pipes can often get small holes that can leak out carbon monoxide gas. These holes can be fixed fairly easily by a professional. However, if the holes are not patched up soon enough, the flue pipe can become corroded and the whole thing will have to be replaced.
- Oil Filter Replacement. It’s essential to the efficiency of your furnace that your filter be in good condition. The filter stops small substances from clogging the oil-burner nozzle. If the oil-burner nozzle gets backed up, your system will eventually shut down.
- Air Filter Replacement. Your air filter directly impacts the air quality in your home, as well as the efficiency of your HVAC equipment. A professional will check and make sure that you have an adequate filter in your system.
- Analyzing Performance. Professionals have state-of-the-art equipment that will help them determine where problems exist in your furnace.
Getting your furnace serviced by a professional before the cold weather arrives in southeast North Carolina is one of the most important things you can do to maintain adequate comfort levels in your home. At Blanton’s Heating & Air Conditioning, we have the experience you need to help you with all of your home comfort needs. Contact us today for further information.