How Does Preventative Maintenance Really Save You Money?
Most people wait until there’s something wrong with their heating or air conditioning before talking to an HVAC company. It’s just how it is – unless you talk to the homeowners who get regular, preventative maintenance, like with Blanton’s Comfort Club.
You may be surprised – why would anyone want to bring out their HVAC technicians, even the ones you love and trust at Blanton’s, when there’s not a problem? It’s simple: Preventative maintenance saves you time and money. A lotof time and money, especially in the long run.
How does preventative maintenance save you so much money? It comes down to five simple factors. These five factors can help save you time and money and can make a world of difference in the overall life of your HVAC system in your home.
1. Small Repairs vs. Full Replacement: Preventative maintenance saves you money through doing small, easy repairs instead of waiting for total repair. While a small repair may cost very little, a full replacement can get into the thousands for a new HVAC system. Doing things like keeping the filter clean, having regular checks, and even something as simple as replacing hoses and clamps is a great way to keep your machine in good shape to help prevent full system replacement.
2. Regular, Professional Service: Even if you take your HVAC system’s service schedule to heart, you are probably not a trained professional. Having a professional come in every so often to take a look at your machine is the best way to catch small problems before they blow up in your face. Something as small as a pin hole can make your system shut down fully, and professionals know both what to look for and how to fix it when they find it.
3. Preventative Maintenance Plans With the People Who Know Your System Best: Some companies, like Blanton’s, offer preventative maintenance plans for systems that they install themselves. It is smart to take up one of these plans, as they can save you tons in the long run. These plans cover most small repairs and some may even cover larger repairs and replacement. These plans are put in place not only to protect the machine but also to protect you, the buyer, from large and expensive repairs. Taking the time to buy a plan can help save you hundreds in the long run.
4. Small Part Replacement: If you had to guess, which of these would you guess is cheaper for your HVAC system: big, critical parts or smaller parts? The small parts, obviously. Having a trained professional come in and replace small parts as they wear out is the best way to prevent a total system failure that can send many homeowners into a costly tail spin. With preventative maintenance, you get small parts replaced before they take down the big parts, keeping your costs low and your entire system functioning properly.
5. Efficiency: Many service plans address efficiency directly. This means that if a system is not doing what it should, they will come and see what the issue is. This can save you money in terms of your heating and cooling bills and the overall strain that is being put on your system.
HVAC systems can be incredibly pricey and difficult to deal with. Preventative maintenance is the best way to save time, money, and hassle and can help save homeowners thousands in the long run and the life of their system. If you haven’t yet, check out Blanton’s Comfort Club, our preventative maintenance subscription, and don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you may have.