COVID-19 Safety Plan
Learn How Blanton’s Air, Plumbing & Electric Is Keeping You Safe
The Novel Coronavirus pandemic has a lot of people worried, and many are taking every precaution they can to protect themselves and their loved ones. With a lot of uncertainty in the air and the CDC recommending keeping your distance from others to try and slow the spread of the virus, a lot of people are questioning whether or not they should have an important service done for their home, such as a plumbing, HVAC, or electrical repair.
We understand the hesitation, but here at Blanton’s Air, Plumbing & Electric, we want to encourage you to make the call and get the services you need. Not only can delaying the service cause your problem to get worse, but it could make the repair more expensive and even cause your home to sustain serious damage or place your family at risk. At Blanton’s Air, Plumbing & Electric, we understand the strain you’re under, and that’s why we offer both our signature, customer-oriented service and outstanding craftsmanship along with some added precautions designed to protect you, your home, and your family.
Our List of Preventative Procedures
Blanton’s Air, Plumbing & Electric takes pride in going the extra mile for our customers, and that certainly holds true when it comes to their safety. When it comes to how we handle communicable diseases, we have had a plan in place for ensuring customer and employee safety for years. However, we also keep our plan flexible so it can continuously adapt to each unique situation, including the COVID-19 pandemic we’re currently experiencing.
Here are just a few of the things we’re doing a little bit different during the next few weeks or months:
- Our technicians will come to every job equipped with personal protective equipment, including latex gloves, protective eyewear, and disinfecting wipes that they can use to keep their truck and your home clean and sterile. Every tech will also continue to wear temporary booties to keep your floors clean and safe.
- Technicians are required to wash their hands before and after every service call, no matter how large or small. They are also encouraged to disinfect their hands using hand sanitizer.
- Upon arriving at their job, technicians are required to put on a protective mask, eyewear, and latex gloves before entering every customer’s home. They must also continue to wear latex gloves whenever touching anything that could be considered a “high traffic” item, like a doorknob, door handle, faucet, lightswitch, and more.
- While we believe that every job should begin with a simple handshake and a friendly greeting, we recognize that this simply isn’t advisable under current conditions. For the immediate future, we will not be making any physical contact with customers, including avoiding handshakes, fist bumps, and any other form of physical contact.
- We will be doing everything we can to maintain a safe social distance from you and your loved ones throughout our visit. We will attempt to stay six feet away at all times unless it absolutely cannot be avoided.
- We use digital devices to eliminate paperwork and provide you with a better experience. However, to ensure these high traffic items don’t become a potential exposure hazard, our techs have been instructed to disinfect them after every service call.
- Techs are also instructed to ensure that any tools used in high-traffic areas are be wiped down with a disinfecting wipe after every service call.
- Finally, all trash, including used latex gloves and disposable protective gear will be disposed of in a trash bag to be kept in the van and not disposed of at the customer’s house. This trash will be disposed of back at the office.
How You Can Help Us
When you trust your home to us during this uncertain time, we feel as though the least we can do is go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with us is one that is both enjoyable and safe. We want to stop the spread as much as you do, and it’s in our best interests to ensure that our customers remain safe and healthy as well as our technicians.
However, in order to do this, we have needed to make a few changes for our customers as well. We have temporarily reduced our hours to 8 AM to 5 PM in order to give our employees more time to spend at home with their families. This means availability for appointments may be more limited during these next few weeks, so we encourage you to call and schedule your service as soon as possible. We also ask that you inform our office staff if anyone in your home is exhibiting any flu-like symptoms or has traveled outside of the United States within the last 30 days when calling to schedule. We will be happy to reschedule you if need be.
Does your home need serviced? Make the call to Blanton’s Air, Plumbing & Electric and get the repair, installation, or maintenance you need! Dial (910) 822-2866 now to get started.